And then, I did.
5th period was NUTS today. When Keith was asked to go out in the hall because he was being so disruptive, he decided to just split. As I saw him making a bee-line down the hallway, I leaned out the classroom door and suggested he work at a table near the room. He looked over at his shoulder at me, and kept on walking.
And so I said the thing. And then did the chase.
And we talked, and got things resolved, and he came back, and we outlined his paper, and then things were fine.
When I went back into the classroom, Craig waved his arms above his head and said, "Greta!"
"Craig, I'll have to help you in a second, I'm still working with someone else."
"Oh no-- I just wanted to know if the CHASE was over!"
I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Yes. The chase has been over for some time."
GadZOOKS. I shouldn't worry so much about looking young. These kids are going to make me ooold faaaaast.
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
On another note, our boys' basketball team has been accomplishing steady win after win; last night, they won a game that will take them all the way to state.
This is HUGE deal. We are a tiny school. Our kids are poor. Nobody believes in us. And our motley crew is going up against these small ritzy private schools and playing their hearts out and WINNING. Yesterday, the school declared an emergency field trip and, at 1:30, sent two bus-loads of kids down south to get to the game in time, which started at 3:00. We don't have cheer-leaders; at the last game I attended, two of our girls got up in front and led our school in makeshift cheers, while the opposing side's squad did flips and lifts and jumps in pristine matching uniforms. But we WON. Today, we had a pep rally-- something which almost never occurs, because we basically don't DO sports-- and the school hollered its heart out. I found out that one boy, who was homeless only a couple years ago, is being recruited by Seattle Lutheran and may actually be able to go to college on a scholarship.
And now we're going to state. How awesome is that??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment